Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Finally

Edit Posts
I ordered a Mika CD on e-Bay January 26, 2008. It was shipped the next day--unfortunately to the wrong address (e-Bay provided the seller with an address 2 years old, even though I specified my current address). Apparently, this happens quite a bit (well, the exact same thing happened to my roommate, so I may be extrapolating here). Anyway, I contact the seller about 3 weeks ago to say it still hadn't arrived, and he said to wait. If it didn't arrive, he'd refund. I waited and waited and finally contacted him the day before yesterday to say that it still hadn't arrived. His response?

"
Hello...It was returned to me by USPS. I have it here and want to overnight to you. Please send me the address. For some odd reason the address listed in ebay got this returned. I am ready to overnight right now." Really? And so I wonder, when had it returned? And WHEN, exactly, was he planning on informing me that he not only knew the package's fate (which I had inquired about weeks previously and had paid for the day I won the bid) but that he was, in fact, in possession of a CD I had been waiting for for 37 days!

I provided him with the correct address and, to his credit, he overnighted it. I happily received it yesterday. The CD case was broken and the little manual thing was damaged, but at least it's here.

I am really not upset about this whole scenario, but I'll admit it makes me reluctant to use e-Bay again...

But on to better things: Grace Kelly and Big Girls.

And now for a non-sequiter: For a small giggle, see
http://www.careerbuilder.com/age-o-matic/?mid=26202239


No comments: