Monday, February 11, 2008

One more thing


I realized that I actually did have something AWESOME to write about: the Mika concert from last Friday. AMAZING. I had been looking forward to it forever, and I have been seriously crushing on this Lebanese-born dreamboat for ages. Seriously, who could resist a man who sounds like Freddie Mercury, has the stage presence of David Bowie, and who writes his own music?

His equipment was delayed by the weather and they were going to cancel the show, but after a 2 hour delay (and a little frostbite on the toes), we were let inside for an acoustic show. But it was worth it. Incredible. Transcendent. Magical. It was a super intimate show, and he was totally relieved that we were happy, supportive, and generally melting at the sight and sound of him.

In all seriousness, check him out. I love love love his music: mikasounds.com. I ordered his CD and it should get here any day now...

The best part of the evening, though, was hanging out with my girlfriends from back home: Mel, Sandee, and Rachel. Pretty great times. And we definitely kept ourselves amused during the long wait outside.

No comments: